Over the last 18 months, we have been restoring the mausoleum and walled kitchen gardens, with the very exciting discovery of Sir James Tillie’s vault in the mausoleum. The greenhouse in the walled kitchen gardens was restored to its former glory by Easter 2013 (although it may take a little longer to get the plants growing!) Many of the overgrown woodlands and paths have also been cleared in the last 12 months, to enable you to explore more of Pentillie.
You can also join one of our guided garden tours, usually held on the first Thursday of the month, March to July. If you can gather 15 or more people, we can arrange a private group tour.
- Take the A38 towards Saltash
- After the Trerulefoot roundabout, you will pass through the villages of Tideford, Landrake and Notter Bridge
- On the brow of the hill after Notter Bridge, turn LEFT to Callington and A388
- After ¾ mile, you come to a t-junction. Turn LEFT towards Hatt
- Follow directions above from number 6
Opening Times / Admission
Address: Pentillie Castle, Paynters Cross, St Mellion, Saltash, Cornwall, PL12 6QD
Telephone: 01579 350 044
For further information please visit our main website